Tuesday Night Section
- September 5, 2023, from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- September 12, 2023, from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- September 19, 2023, from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- September 26, 2023, from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
This four-week online live course, offered by the Minnesota Cannabis College, is designed for adults who wish to learn the art and science of growing cannabis at home. The course offers a comprehensive overview of the home cultivation process, from selecting the right strain to managing water and nutrients for optimal plant health.
In addition to providing practical gardening advice, the course also delves into the legal aspects of home cannabis cultivation in Minnesota, helping students navigate this complex and evolving field. The course is designed to be interactive, with ample opportunities for students to ask questions, share their experiences, and learn from each other.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Make informed decisions on strain selection for home cultivation.
- Understand and navigate the legal landscape of home cannabis cultivation in Minnesota.
- Set up an indoor cannabis grow space with adequate ventilation and lighting.
- Learn how to grow cannabis from seeds or clones.
- Maintain optimal growing conditions for cannabis, including managing temperature, humidity, and ventilation.
- Implement effective water and nutrient management systems for cannabis plants.
The course will be delivered over Zoom with each week focusing on a specific area of cannabis cultivation:
Week 1: Legalities and Basics of Home Cannabis Cultivation (Minnesota’s cannabis laws; Introduction to basic equipment and supplies for home cannabis cultivation)
Week 2: Seed Selection and Germination (How to select cannabis seeds based on desired characteristics and how to germinate them for planting)
Week 3: Planting and Vegetative Stage (How to plant germinated seeds and care for cannabis plants during the vegetative stage)
Week 4: Flowering Stage, Harvesting, and Curing (How to care for cannabis plants during the flowering stage, when and how to harvest, and how to cure the harvested buds)
Each session includes a lecture portion, practical demonstrations, and/or a Q&A period for students to clarify doubts and share experiences.